This version of the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus 3.0 Quadcopter (released in late 2014) with Gimbal-Stabilized 14MP, 1080p Camera from DJI features a number of notable hardware updates, including more efficient motors, redesigned self-tightening props, a new radio controller with built-in battery and gimbal control dial, and other improvements.
The Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 is based on the same air frame as the Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 Vision. Unlike its siblings, however, it features a 14MP camera that is stabilized and controlled with an integrated 3-axis gimbal. Gimbal stabilization makes the Phantom 2 Vision Plus ideal for shooting aerial footage and photos.
The Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 ships ready-to-fly, the transmitter is included with it and is pre-bound to the aircraft and that only minimal assembly using common household tools is required. It features a 5200mAh battery that can sustain the quadcopter in the air for up to 25 minutes. The transmitter features a line-of-sight range of up to 2625′, depending on conditions.
The camera is controlled via 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi using an app available for iOS and Android devices. Using the supplied mount, you can attach your smartphone directly to the controller, giving you a “heads up” display directly from the camera’s point-of-view. From the app you will also be able to start and stop video recording, take a snapshot and even tilt the camera up or down.
Because of the complexity associated with multi-rotor aircraft the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 relies on a GPS-based navigation system to maintain flight stability and provide other features. While fully manual operation is possible, most users, especially videographers hoping to get the smoothest possible shoots, will opt for GPS attitude mode.
- Super smooth video thanks to the 3-axis gimbal
- Crystal clear stills and live streaming video from the redesigned HD video camera with built-in FPV link
- Extra-long flight times of up to 25 minutes from the intelligent 5,200-mAh battery
- More flight power and security from the high-efficiency self-tightening propellers, redesigned for V2.0
- This is V3.0 which includes an upgraded controller with rechargeable batteries and gimbal control dial, updated motors and more efficient propellers.
Ready-to-fly Aerial Filming Rig with GoPro Mount
DJI’s Phantom quadcopter is the gear of choice for next-generation filmmakers, extreme sports enthusiasts and R/C hobbyists. Despite all the advanced functions, it’s easy to learn, so if you’ve never before owned an outdoor helicopter, this is the place to start. With innovative features such as Intelligent Orientation Control, automatic navigation back to home and a sleek, integrated design, see for yourself why the Phantom is the rig used by pros and beginners alike.
- Complete quadcopter and remote transmitter, pre-tuned by the factory and ready in minutes! Just charge the included battery, attach the propellers and landing gear, and add 4 AA batteries to the remote and you’re flying.
- Fun flying by itself or even better with a GoPro to record the action. Tested with Hero2, Hero3 and Hero3+ models, sold separately. Produce dramatic cinema-quickly results from the air! Note: Wi-Fi streaming from a camera is not possible because it may interfere with the Phantom’s remote control.
- Outdoor flight is made possible by advanced GPS positioning that compensates for light wind. The Phantom has a fail-safe function and can be configured to automatically fly to and land at its take-off position if connection to the transmitter is lost. Note: indoor flight or operation by persons under 18 years of age is NOT recommended.
- With a maximum horizontal speed of 22 miles/hour (10 meters/second), the Phantom lets you capture the action of almost any sport, event or scene.
- The Phantom’s high-tech Naza-M autopilot system lets you configure advanced parameters via software (USB port and separate download required).